Health and Safety Policy Statement
Issue Date: January 2023 Rev 000
Stepnell is a complete construction partner with proven end-to-end project lifecycle expertise. We serve a broad spectrum of private and public sector clients, ensuring they realise their vision by providing a more holistic approach to project design, build, management and delivery. We are an established, mature business with the resources and infrastructure to deliver larger, more challenging projects.
Our belief is that all incidents are preventable and this belief underpins our commitment in providing a safe and healthy working environment for the prevention of work related injury and ill health as far as is reasonably practicable.
To ensure effective implementation of this policy we will:
- Implement and maintain our company standards to ISO 45001:2018 requirements.
- Set health and safety objectives, as laid out in our Business Management System, and monitor the progress and achievement of these objectives.
- Ensure adequate resources, information, instruction and training is provided to identify, eliminate or control hazards and reduce occupational health and safety risks at the workplace.
- Ensure employees are empowered to delay or postpone any activity that is considered unsafe.
- Integrate safety and health matters into our business decisions.
- Provide visible and active, strong leadership and engage the workforce in the promotion of occupational health, safety and welfare.
- Engage with our stakeholders, business partners and supply chain colleagues to ensure that their safety and health management standards and practices meet or exceed the expectations of this policy.
- Comply with applicable legal and other obligations in relation to occupational health and safety.
- Regularly monitor, review and develop our Business Management System and procedures in order to achieve commitment to continual improvement.
- Ensure the consultation and participation of workers, providing our employees with information about occupational health, health promotion, rehabilitation and wellbeing.
This policy will be communicated to all our employees and organisations working on our behalf, displayed at our offices, on our intranet, and available upon request for interested parties.
The Managing Director shall review this policy at least annually or following significant changes.
The Board of Directors has appointed Director Tom Sewell as having particular responsibility for Health, Safety and Welfare and it is to him that reference should be made in the event of any difficulty arising in the implementation of this policy.