Candidate Pack - IT Technician Whitecross School
|Job title:||IT Technician|
|School:||Whitecross High School, Hereford HR4 0RN|
|Reports to:||Stepnell IT Manager|
IT provider at the Academy
|Staff responsibility for:||As detailed below|
|Salary:||Dependent on experience, capability and contracted hours.|
|Hours:||Ideally full time but will consider term time appointment|
|Qualifications||Min. 3 A*-C grade at GCSE in Maths, English and Science
NVQ level 3 desirable
Your anticipated responsibilities will be:
- To provide an outstanding level of IT support to staff and students at the Academy.
- To be the initial point of reference for all staff, suppliers and others who make enquiries of require assistance.
- To ensure that all IT support needs are logged, investigated and resolved (or escalated where appropriate) within the target time frames as dictated by the associated SLA.
- To image, deploy and maintain Windows 10 PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Apple Macs, iPads and other peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, interactive screens / whiteboards and projectors, ensuring that this hardware is regularly tested and ready for use when required.
- Under supervision, to install and test new software and software updates / upgrades, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations at all times.
- To work with the relevant teams and external contractors to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers and networking devices, thus ensuring the availability and security of the network, data and applications.
- To administer user login accounts, distribution and security groups, ensuring that staff, students and visitors have access to the data and resources they need.
- Supporting the evaluation and procurement of new IT hardware, IT sundries and operating software.
- Undertake planned and reactive maintenance to maintain the operating IT network and systems. Undertaking, with direction and guidance, fault diagnosis, the development and delivery of rectification plans.
- With support, prepare and analyse audit reports on IT system usage, faults and interference (e.g. cyber/virus attacks) and developing action plans to address issues found.
- Develop an understanding of WEEE and GDPR regulations and the impact on the operation of the IT services at the Academy.
- Adhere to company and school policies and maintain safe working practices at all time.
NB: All staff are required to complete an unpaid trial day to understand the interface with the candidate and staff for suitability and 6-month probationary period during which time suitability for the post will be assessed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You will be able to demonstrate recent experience of or familiarisation with:
- Microsoft Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365, Apple OS and desktop related software products.
- Virtual Desktops, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Anti-Virus, Internet Access and security solutions.
- Administering AD login accounts, Distribution and Security Group membership within a Windows Server 2016 Active Directory.
- Supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
- Supporting Apple products, specifically iPads & iMacs in an educational or corporate environment.
- You should have excellent troubleshooting skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving.
- You must be self-motivated, have a can do attitude and a strong commitment to team-work.
- You will be able to balance priorities and work to strict timescales to deliver high quality results on time in a fast paced, changing environment.
- You should be flexible and adaptive and be able to handle the various pressures and demands associated with working in a highly customer focussed ICT support role.
- You need to be a confident communicator and your excellent verbal and written communication skills will enable you to confidently deal with all levels of stakeholders and internal colleagues.
- Preferably you will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar, client facing role in either a primary or secondary school and will therefore a have experience supporting the various applications typically used within the education sector.
- It is desirable that you have relevant Microsoft or similar qualifications to support the above experience.
Stepnell Ltd. is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All offers of employment at Whitecross Hereford are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Stepnell is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply by submitting a current CV accompanied by a supporting letter that must be no more than two sides of A4.
All applications should be emailed to the Stepnell IT Manager, Steven Madison, email@example.com.
Application deadline: Friday the 4th December 2020 at 3.00 pm
Interviews: To be arranged
Start date: As soon as possible